Proposal

Proposed area of study
Grace is unable to be promoted with in the film industry due to her boss being homophobic, especially after meeting Grace's partner Carmen.

Initial Plan
Methodology: I intend to carry it out by first doing some secondary research as in reading books which are based on gay relationships and how their family, friends and people around them came to terms with it. So far I have read the following
'I Can't Think Straight, The Colour Purple, Annie on My Mind and The Wives of Bath' and I have also viewed the following 'I Can't Think Straight, D.E.B.S, Imagine Me and You, The L Word(Majority of the seasons), Skins(Season1-3)'. I have yet to watch 'Lost and Delirious' which is an adaption of the book 'The Wives of Bath' and 'Guess Who' to refresh my memory. I chose 'Guess Who' because it is closely related as the couple may not be gay/lesbian but they are still predujuiced against because Ashton Kutcher's character is white and Zoe Saldana's character is black. Therefore Ashton Kutcher's character is indirectly told not to marry her by his manager due to them being different ethnicities, so he in turn quits his job.
By the end of the year I hope to have produced a short film/video about the predujuices homosexuals may sometimes encounter. It would be either an interactive piece of work or a single screen video.
I intend to take full advantage of Plumstead, Abbey Wood and Palmers Green libraries as well as the ones at Trent Park and Cat Hill.

Bibliography

Books
Queer Looks Perspectives on Lesbian and Gay Film and Video
The Celluloid Closet
New Queer Cinema
The Colour Purple
I Can't Think Straight
Annie on My Mind
The Wives of Bath

Films and Tv Shows
I Can't Think Straight
D.E.B.S
Lost and Delirious
Guess Who
The L Word
Skins(Season1-3)
South of Nowhere
Hairspray(Modern Version)
Bound
Show Girls
The Colour Purple
Thelma and Louise
Degrassi
Gia

Dissemination
Not quite sure how I am going to show/exhibit/present my work as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment