Eastenders Syed & Christian


Eastenders Syed and Christian love affair

A few days before filming is about to commence one of the girls drops out. Why? She claims she has too much uni work to do, the usual excuse.So I'm left with what do I do? Who can I get a such short notice?! Thankfully two of my guy friends offered to do it, they were alright with portraying the roles of being gay (as one of them is gay) the only issue was the language I had used in the script. They felt some of it was to effeminate for them to say, so I found if we used the basis of what the script/line was saying but let them improvise it might prove to work better. The only issue was I had found/done research on lesbians/bi-sexual women and bi-curious women. I was now obligated to go back and look for gay/bi-sexual/bi-curious men which wasn't too much of an issue as all soaps appear to have at least one gay guy in them. I felt it was necessary so that I could view the way in which they communicate with one another, whether or not when one of them comes home from work do they too kiss on the cheek or merely greet one another with a hug, a mere hello?
I came across 'Eastenders' the somewhat confused and hidden relationship Christian and Syed had. I thought I would be able to relate to it due to one of them being gay, the fact that it had to be hidden and that once again it was not understood by someone outside the relationship, however in their case it was Syed's mother and not a boss.
I found that even though Christian is an out and proud gay man he is not an effeminate guy he comes across as quite a macho man. As in he is not exactly stereotypical with his way of speaking or the attire he wears. He is even able to play quite believable straight husband for his friend when she finds it hard to go back to her secondary school reunion alone. So I figured the character formerly known as Grace who is now Greg could act somewhat like Christian and maybe use some of Syed's characteristics as well.