Cut Out Editing

Cut Out Editing

When I first began editing I initially used the default video transition cross fade. This was because I merely put the clips in the right order, trimming the duration of each before adding them to the timeline and then again modifying them on the timeline. The default video transition is one in which would not suit my film as it appears to make the film come across as feeble and does not exactly give the impression of the film being of a high standard. 

After I had changed the video transition to that of quicktime channel compositor I watched the rough cut of the film to evaluate if their were any scenes that I would need to shorten their duration or if I should use different shots like shot reverse shot or direct mode of address during certain scenes. I found that the kitchen scene was rather too long, initially it was just meant to show that Carmen needed a while to calm down before going back into the lounge to talk to Grace but it seemed to turn into a long moment where I almost forgot about the other character. So to resolve that issue I think rather than blocking the whole kitchen scene together I might jump back to Grace in the lounge where she declares she is going to do it, it's now or never. So that would divide the long scene and also show us the other character. Also Grace saying about doing it now or never and then Carmen coming in seemed a bit too fast almost as if she had been listening outside the door to Grace anticipating doing something. When I initially went to export my film the following message popped up.
-Turn off "unlimited rt"
-Lower compression data rate
-Close open sequences
-Lower the preference for real time audio
-Increase the speed of your system and/or disk drives and/or network connection
Primarily none of these messages meant anything to me as the film seemed to be playing perfectly well but soon after I exported it I started to see issues with my film, minor ones but issues all the same. A couple of the scenes appeared to be jumping just before the transition, a couple scenes came across as too dark, it also seemed to decrease the quality of the film rapidly the film now seemed grainy and cheap. All problems that I could rectify but did not see until I had exported it.
 
















Rough Cut of Cut Out




No comments:

Post a Comment