Cut Out Presentation


Cut Out Presentation

Introduction:
The underlying theme of my short film is about the dynamic of a female boss and employer relationship and how this impacts upon home life. It is about a professional and private life dilemma and discrimination of sexuality which is not understood or accepted by a homophobic female boss, who is power mad and usually gets what she wants by any means possible.

Synopsis:
Grace is unable to be promoted within the film company 'Dupses' she works in due to her boss being homophobic, especially after meeting Grace's partner Carmen. Grace is then given the ultimatum
"You can have the promotion on the terms that you will not get engaged, married or continue to see Carmen".

The look of my project 'Cut Out' is meant to be similar to that of 'Guess Who' directed by Kevin Sullivan due to the discrimination Ashton Kutcher's character Simon Green is subjected to when his boss indirectly implies that his relationship with his girlfriend Theresa Jones acted by Zoe Saldana could effect him ascending within the company. That of 'I Can't Think Straight' because the two women who fall in love Tala played by Lisa Ray and Leyla played by Sheetal Sheth are not stereotypical lesbians as neither of them are butch and neither of their families just openly accept this new found relationship and even find that it is something you can get over if you find someone of the opposite sex who shares the same values and that you can marry. This is proven through Tala's Uncle Ramsey married a woman even though it is blatantly obvious that he is gay and that his so called wife is some sort of a decoy.

My target audience is not designated to any age group in particular. However I do hope young gay/lesbian/bi-sexual males and females will stand up for what they think is right and not just conform to what someone else believes to be right. It will be shown in the Little Eye screening and be put on youtube. It does not have to be shown in any particular way.

Context:

My major project has no relation to my previous projects as they were about drugs and friendship whereas my current project is about sexuality, discrimination and homophobia.

I think my project is an important issue in todays society because even though companies, businesses and individuals are no longer allowed to be prejudice due to others ethnicity , sexuality, age or whether or not the person has a disability it still occurs. People still think they have the right to pass judgement because someone does not conform to what they see as a normal way of thinking, being or living.
I think it's interesting to a certain degree because I have made the boss homophobic in an industry which is quite accepting of most things. So to make someone homophobic in the film industry was quite an interesting aspect of the script.

Preproduction:
Script
Storyboard
Character profiles/sketches
Photos

Research:
Work I have referenced: Blog: Films/Books/Sitcoms,Dramas, Magazine Articles

Methodology:
Production Time:
Wednesday 3rd February-Photos of the location and Sample test shots
Thursday 4th February - Rough Scenes of 'Cut Out'
Friday 5th February,Monday 8th February & Tuesday 9th February- Recording/Filming of Cut Out
Thursday 11th February,Friday 12th February, Saturday 13th February- Recording/Filming of Plan B

Contingency:
If all should fail I have a plan b in place. Rather the couple being homosexual and the boss being homophobic I figured I could make the couple heterosexual and the boss instead being racist. I had already taken this into consideration when I was drafting the character sketches and when drafting the script. I made sure the things I wrote within the script could also apply to someone discriminating a couple because they are of different races.


No comments:

Post a Comment